Peace and harmony in individuals,
families, communities and society at large.
CONNECT – The Zimbabwe Institute of Systemic Therapy is committed to the development of human relationships within families, organisations and communities through training, counselling and therapy, research and consultancy following the systemic approach in a cultural and gender sensitive manner.
• Equity and respect
• Gender sensitivity
• Transparency and accountability
1. To provide counselling and therapeutic services for individuals, families and communities to overcome a wide variety of social challenges.
2. To train a broad range of health, social services, human resources (practitioners) and community workers in counselling, family therapy and systemic management techniques.
3. To offer consultancy services to communities and organizations in the application of Systemic Theory to solving social challenges and promote social change.
4. To develop, through research, monitoring and evaluation, indigenous therapeutic management and training techniques and materials.
CONNECT offers counselling, training, research and consultancy services to all sectors of the Zimbabwe society and the region.
CONNECT promotes the systemic approach
to counselling and training which involves taking each problem as a whole and looking at it in relation to the family, organisation and
The Family Therapy services have a life-altering impact on clients. Our comprehensive approach to mental health care is designed to not only treat the
individual but to address the related contextual factors. These
include issues in the family, workplace, school and the surrounding community.